Welcome

Welcome to my page!
This is a passionate blog for turning something old into something new again.
For resurrecting dead furniture into beautiful new furniture.
For handmade treasures and creative ideas.
For deliciously scrumptious recipes and healthy eats.
Follow me and explore the use of color, textures, and everyday items to pull together a room without spending a fortune.

March 14, 2011

FourThirteen Photography - Featured Artist

Well, I had every intention of shopping to my little hearts content at my local flea market this weekend, but I ended up having a lovely time with my beautiful sister instead! 
So,in light of that, I am going to do a featured artist post for today . 


My sister Chelsea is a mega-talented woman. I know that you're thinking..."well, she's your sister you have to say that." Of course I am a bit biased and all, but I also have a great eye for art and detail and talent...so I know it when I see it. She has been doing photography for years and has grown leaps and bounds with it. I decided to interview her for my blog and post some of her photos. 
You can see more of her work here.

Q: How long have you been taking pictures?

A: I have been taking pictures since my parents bought me a HUGE, yellow, waterproof camera when I was 6.



Q: Who taught you/where did you study?

A: I am self taught but hella inspired. I love browsing photographer's blogs on deviantart.com. I adore creative people especially the ones who can transform that creativity into art. Some of my favorite photogs who have helped and guided me along the way are; Steve Stanton, Travis Howard, Jeremy Lawson, Katie Day and Alec Vanderboom. All people I look up to a lot.




Q: What is your photo style?

A: I'm not sure I've developed a style yet or not, but some of what I strive for is genuine color, genuine expressions and capturing people for who they are. I love LIGHT and I'm a sucker for black and white.

Q: What do you look for in a picture/moment?

A:I have a passion for photojournalism. Real life, real moments. Nothing forced or phony. WhenI take pictures I try to get REAL smiles, REAL looks of adoration between people. I guess what I look for in photos is the real-ness. ;)



Q: Who is your biggest inspiration?

A: People inspire me. Period. I could people watch all day. Everyone is so unique and beautiful in one way or another. (Cheesy I know)

Q: What kind of camera do you use?

A:I shoot with a Canon 5D Mark II and I absolutely love it!




Q: What is your advice for fellow photographers just getting started?

A: My advice? Do it because you want to not just for money or the trend. Try not to over edit (guilty).
Do it as an expression of yourself and you can't mess up.



Q: Where would you like to see yourself in 5 years?

A: In five years I'd like to be continuing working for non for profit photo journalistic projects like: http://www.thetinyhopeproject.com/ and  http://www.nowilaymedowntosleep.org/
I'd like to be traveling overseas regularly, photographing children and families to help raise awareness, and financial provision for people in need.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...