Welcome

Welcome to my page!
This is a passionate blog for turning something old into something new again.
For resurrecting dead furniture into beautiful new furniture.
For handmade treasures and creative ideas.
For deliciously scrumptious recipes and healthy eats.
Follow me and explore the use of color, textures, and everyday items to pull together a room without spending a fortune.

March 7, 2011

Fabulous Flea Market Finds Under $10.00

One of my favorite things to do (yet I don't get to do it as much as I would like) is to go bargain hunting at the local flea markets. Sometimes you can find amazing stuff... whether it be for your home or for yourself...for very little money.  I feel like I've stumbled upon a treasure on these occasions. There is a sense of pride, wonderment, and giddiness. Who doesn't love that?

I have found a couple of amazing items this last weekend and thought I would share them with you.....




I found this bright and cheerful vase for $2.00. This will make a delightful addition to my patio set up. Bursts of bright colors like the orange above really makes a room warm and welcoming. Vases are an excellent way of doing this.
I love lanterns of all shapes and sizes. I have dreamed of having a back yard with dozens of these hanging from various trees and posts to illuminate the backyard on a beautiful summer night. I was so happy to have found this for $7.00.
I also found this slightly smaller one with the black one for $5.00. I love these!!
Here they are together. The black one is at  least 12" tall and the white one is about 10".
This was my absolute favorite find. This chair and small side table was only $20.00 for them both. The chair has a small tear in the seat that is super easy to fix. The table might need a light sanding and fresh coat of paint. All I need to do is sew a brightly colored cushion for it and its perfect.
I actually found this ring off of Ebay. It is enormous and beautiful. Heavy silver ring with an Amethyst stone. Only $4.00 with shipping.

This brooch was only $1.00.
 I found this adorable wristlet for $5.00. It is suede and satin with sequined appliques. I love this!

2 comments:

Laura Bonsky said...

I LOVE a good deal! These are fabulous!!!! We need to go bargain hunting sometime together!

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Fun finds! The lanterns are my favorite...makes me think of summer and enjoying a nice evening with candlelight. You will have to link up to my linky party on Tuesdays!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...