Welcome

Welcome to my page!
This is a passionate blog for turning something old into something new again.
For resurrecting dead furniture into beautiful new furniture.
For handmade treasures and creative ideas.
For deliciously scrumptious recipes and healthy eats.
Follow me and explore the use of color, textures, and everyday items to pull together a room without spending a fortune.

March 15, 2011

My Fun - Filled & Wine Infused Evening!!!

Finally, it's time to get off work!!! 
I couldn't wait to get home and take full advantage of the extra hour of sunlight and beautiful weather. 
To start, I finally got to take off the nasty vinyl covered stool cushion. 
Unfortunately the wood was so old that it was rotten all the way through and of no use. Oh well! 
I got right to spray painting the iron in a nice flat white.

This is just the first coat.





 And then came the vanity itself. I made the awful mistake of not having the store shake the can of oil based primer for me. It was a runny, nasty mess ...and... they forgot to throw in my stir stick. I was off to a great start so far :)


I got the entire vanity covered in its first coat of primer. She's already starting to look beautiful. I am hoping she will go to a wonderful home!!!

The sun finally set and it was off to work on some more jewelry. Here is the first necklace I completed tonight. Sorry for the picture quality...still learning how to use my camera on my phone.



And then the Pièce de résistance. This is how I topped off my evening. 
Hey..what can I say? It's so much fun being a girl!!!

2 comments:

rachel @ gilly grey said...

I'm in love with the desk! Can't wait to see the finished result!

Rachel
xoxo

MELANIE said...

Cant wait to see the finished product...Im an addict. Also the last pic reminds me of all the things I didnt need or couldnt have while I was breastfeeding. lol

MJ
L7D

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...