Welcome

Welcome to my page!
This is a passionate blog for turning something old into something new again.
For resurrecting dead furniture into beautiful new furniture.
For handmade treasures and creative ideas.
For deliciously scrumptious recipes and healthy eats.
Follow me and explore the use of color, textures, and everyday items to pull together a room without spending a fortune.

March 27, 2011

Somewhere There Is A Bird Naked and Embarrassed!!



Ebay is a wonderful, wonderful place to find all kinds of fun and fabulous stuff to play with. 
My bright blue feathers came in on Thursday
and I spent most of my off Friday making feathered hair pieces. 
So.Much.Fun.

First I started with some brown felt. I picked this one because it reminded me of tooled leather


Then I cut out a shape that sort of looks like a tear drop with one straight end on it. Does that make sense??
Then I glued on the feathers using a hot glue gun in the arrangement I wanted


Once I covered all of the felt, I took some vintage clip on earrings or brooches and reconstructed them for these pieces



After I took them apart I glued them where I wanted them to be on the hair piece. Keep in mind this was my very FIRST attempt at doing this.


After I am done with the jewels I glue the alligator clip to the back of the hair piece


Trim off any extra felt that you see overlapping the clip or on the front of the hair piece. 


Here is another one I made.

The more I do these the more I can experiment and play with them. I really love making these and can't wait to get my hands on the rest of the vintage jewelry I found.





2 comments:

emilysnan said...

hiya following form craft couture , love this idea with the feathers and the vintage jewelery too tfs
hope to see you at mine sometime
xmaggiex

Dominique @ Craft Couture said...

cute! thanks for linking up!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...