Welcome

Welcome to my page!
This is a passionate blog for turning something old into something new again.
For resurrecting dead furniture into beautiful new furniture.
For handmade treasures and creative ideas.
For deliciously scrumptious recipes and healthy eats.
Follow me and explore the use of color, textures, and everyday items to pull together a room without spending a fortune.

March 11, 2011

Today's Fashion Friday Feature - Summer Outfits under $150.00

I don't know about you, but I am really ready for Summer to get here. I am tired of the heavy sweaters, boots, and thick socks. I hate socks! I want summer dresses, sandals, sunglasses, and shorts. I want to feel the sun kiss my pasty white skin!!

In preparation for the upcoming season I did some scouring on Polyvore.com for some cute ideas for summer that would keep your budget under $150.00 per outfit. Granted we don't all have the luxury of being able to buy multiple outfits for that much money, but if you wanted to add at least one to your wardrobe you can always do so.

First up ....the romper! I love rompers. They are comfortable and cute and cool. I live in the mid-west where it is hot and muggy. The fewer clothes the better!


Second up....The floral print sun dress! You can where this out shopping with friends or even to work. You can wear them with a cute boyfriend blazer or a thin cardigan to make it work appropriate. Be careful on the length though!!!


So keep your eyes open for inexpensive dresses and rompers,then add some cute accessories. To make it work appropriate,slip on a blazer and some flats and you've got a cute and stylish outfit. I always try to keep my eyes open for stuff that will mix and match with other pieces in my wardrobe to breath new life into them.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Those are some great outits for a great price! Nice job! I'm your newest follower.

Heather

Kendra Hardesty said...

I love your blog! Drooling over your dining room right now haha.

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

Love the romper and the dress! Think I need to tone up a bit :)
Thanks for your nice comment on FB!
Great to meet you!
Kristin

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...