Welcome

Welcome to my page!
This is a passionate blog for turning something old into something new again.
For resurrecting dead furniture into beautiful new furniture.
For handmade treasures and creative ideas.
For deliciously scrumptious recipes and healthy eats.
Follow me and explore the use of color, textures, and everyday items to pull together a room without spending a fortune.

March 4, 2011

A Work in Progress

Unfortunately I have not had a lot of time this week to work on my vanity/desk. However, I did finally manage to get in some quality sanding time with it last night. It was therapeutic and dusty and wonderful . The stain is coming off beautifully. I can't wait to get to the painting stage. I am torn between going all black w/ some black and white damask inserts on the drawers ...or Shabby Chic white...or a beautiful turquoise-y blue like the pics below. Tell me what you think. More pics of the vanity are at the bottom of this post.




I of course will remove the old hardware and replace it with something funky and adorable



you can kind of see the mirror behind it. It needs the most work.
It came with this very retro looking stool. I plan on painting it and re-upholstering the seat to match the vanity. I am also pondering the idea of maybe just finding a better chair to go with it.

2 comments:

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Kendra, I'm your newest follower! You have a wonderful start to your blog! I can't wait to see the after on this vanity and many more future projects!

Ann Marie @ Twice Lovely said...

Hey! Do you still have the old vintage pulls from this vanity? A friend of mine is looking to find some art deco pulls and these might be just perfect for her project. Let me know if you'd be willing to sell them and I'll put you in touch with her. :)

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...