Welcome

Welcome to my page!
This is a passionate blog for turning something old into something new again.
For resurrecting dead furniture into beautiful new furniture.
For handmade treasures and creative ideas.
For deliciously scrumptious recipes and healthy eats.
Follow me and explore the use of color, textures, and everyday items to pull together a room without spending a fortune.

April 21, 2011

Family Fun - Meal Planning

I don't know about the rest of you..but I seriously hate grocery shopping. 
Hate it with a passion!

As wonderful as it is to go to Wal-Mart and get everything I need in one location...
I really don't like the place all that much. 
I mean come on!! 
Have you seen PeopleofWalmart.com?? 
There's a reason that site exists and I swear on a stack of bibles 
that probably 85% of those are taken in the state ..if not the town..I live in. 

Wal- Mart sucks you in, chews you up, and then spits you out and before long 
you're walking in your door with hundreds of dollars in groceries and uneccesary crap 
wondering "what the hell just happened."

Ugh! 
Wal-Mart. 
Bane of my existence.

So I came up with a little way of planning out my meals. 
See..that's the other problem. 
I don't want to have to think "what should I make tonight". 
I just want to do it...or eat a bowl of cereal. 
Because let's face it..that is a heck of a lot easier and involves little mess. 
So here was my solution!


Yup..that's it. Fancy huh?

What I did..you see..is write down a list of every meal I know how to make really really well
... as well as my kids (and husband's) favorites. 
I then wrote each individual meal on a small piece of paper and tossed them all into a glass vase. 
On Friday or Saturday I pull out 5 pieces of paper and that is what I plan the weeks meals around. 
I then know exactly what I need from the grocery store without having to go every other day...
which is pretty much what we were doing.
I am sure this is nothing new or revolutionary, but it's what I do. 
I would love to know how you all do it. 
How do you plan your meals? By week? Month? Day? 
Let me know. I love reading your comments!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...