Welcome

Welcome to my page!
This is a passionate blog for turning something old into something new again.
For resurrecting dead furniture into beautiful new furniture.
For handmade treasures and creative ideas.
For deliciously scrumptious recipes and healthy eats.
Follow me and explore the use of color, textures, and everyday items to pull together a room without spending a fortune.

April 6, 2011

Recipe Wednesday ~ Pesto Mayo with Roasted Red Peppers Panini



Ok, so I know the title says Pesto Mayo with Roasted Red Peppers, 
but there is another main ingredient in here.
The meat of course! 
I left it out of the title because then it would have been ridiculously long.
And well, that just can't be. :)


So let's get to it.
Here is my deliciously stupendous...(or is it stupendously delicious??) panini recipe.

Pesto Mayo and Roasted Red Pepper Panini (w/meat)



The list:
  • Sourdough Bread ( I prefer unsliced so I can cut them as thick as I like...cause that's how I roll)
  • Olive Oil
  • Oregano (dried)
  • Garlic Powder
  • Creamy Havarti sliced cheese
  • Deli cut roast (used in this recipe) or Deli cut Turkey
  • Jarred Roasted Red Peppers
  • Pesto
  • Mayo
  • Panini press (if you have one..otherwise a skillet and heavy plate works...or a grill!) 
 

Slice the sourdough bread to the thickness you desire 


Drizzle a light amount of olive oil over one side of each slice of bread....like so

Then sprinkle over the olive oil the garlic powder and the oregano

Then take a small bowl and mix 1 tablespoon  of the pesto and 1/2 a tablespoon of mayo and mix together. (and by table spoon..I mean an actual spoon you'd eat off of)


Remove some of the roasted red peppers and slice into thin strips


Preheat the panini press..or your grill or your skillet. Whatever you are using..preheat it! :D
Take one slice of bread and lay it olive oiled side down. 
Spread some of the pesto mayo on and then top with the sliced roast beef 


Just a side note really quick. I much prefer this with pulled white meat chicken or turkey, but roast is what I had on hand. 


Layer the Creamy Havarti cheese on next


and then the peppers


and then top with final slice of bread. Make sure the oiled side is on the outside.


Hope you enjoy!!

Ciao!






Extreme Personal Measures

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...