Welcome

Welcome to my page!
This is a passionate blog for turning something old into something new again.
For resurrecting dead furniture into beautiful new furniture.
For handmade treasures and creative ideas.
For deliciously scrumptious recipes and healthy eats.
Follow me and explore the use of color, textures, and everyday items to pull together a room without spending a fortune.

April 5, 2011

Whimsicle Malfunctions - Fabulous Flea Market Finds



Well, I somehow managed to screw up my blog yesterday trying to make it all pretty and stuff. 
How dare I attempt to pull that off right? 

Anywho, I think I have managed to fix the weirdness and can now post again. 
Yay!

So my Fabulous Flea Market (actually garage sale) find was that I found a pretty awesome table for $10.00 for my mother in law. 
I was pretty excited about it and to be perfectly honest...
I was a little sad she liked it. Ha ha.


This last weekend was gorgeous outside, so I spent a good majority of it sanding and prepping my newest pieces for paint. 

Want to see?? 


After partial sanding...
I had to take the top layer of the bottom shelf part off since it was peeling.


This is the dresser my mother in law has given me for my daughter's room. I am going to paint it Shabby Chic White. I love it!!

Look at the detail in the drawers....
Side view

I also have this really cool tall jewelry armoire to redo..thanks to my child care provider. 
She is also giving me a dresser lol. 
I am running out of room and I think my husband wants to strangle me! 



How did you spend your weekend?? I'd love to hear and see what all you did!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...