Welcome

Welcome to my page!
This is a passionate blog for turning something old into something new again.
For resurrecting dead furniture into beautiful new furniture.
For handmade treasures and creative ideas.
For deliciously scrumptious recipes and healthy eats.
Follow me and explore the use of color, textures, and everyday items to pull together a room without spending a fortune.

May 11, 2011

As Promised - Tutorial for Vintage Lace Flower

Bah! I am such a loser lol. 
I totally got caught up on cleaning my bedroom (which was looong overdue) 
and waiting for The Voice to start that I blanked on this. 
Sorry!!

Anyways, this is seriously the easiest tutorial ever. 

Vintage Lace "Flower"



Start with some lace (any color you like)
Vintage brooch or cool button
Thread to match your lace
needle
Piece of felt for backing (make sure it matches your lace)
Headband or alligator clip
Hot glue gun
scissors



Start by cutting out a circle of felt in the size of flower you want


Then cut your lace to about 15-17" long. 
It really depends on how big you want your "flower"
Then grab your needle and thread and do a running stitch down one side from end to end. 
When you have finished the stitch, grab one end and pull the string...
gathering your lace to make it start to curl up. 
Creating a ruffled affect. 


Grab your piece of felt and hot glue gun.
Start wrapping the lace around the edge of the felt and work your way 
towards the center... gluing as you go. 

It should look like this when done
Once you have it fluffed the way you like it. 
Add some hot glue to the center of it 
and then place your button or brooch in the center of the "flower". 

I made mine into a headband, but you could glue an alligator clip to the back
and use it as a hair clip or put a safety pin on the back to turn it into a fun brooch 
for your purse or on a blouse. 

Like I said...this was really easy to make! 
Hope you liked it!!!

3 comments:

Megan Wynn Volnoff said...

Great job!!
I love this! Thanks so much for sharing this super easy tutorial with us!!

à la parisienne said...

Thank you for visiting my Facebook fan page (a long while back)and for leaving a kind comment. I obviously need to check my fanbook page more often!

Mandy

Autumn said...

This is such a cute idea, thanks for sharing it!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...