Welcome

Welcome to my page!
This is a passionate blog for turning something old into something new again.
For resurrecting dead furniture into beautiful new furniture.
For handmade treasures and creative ideas.
For deliciously scrumptious recipes and healthy eats.
Follow me and explore the use of color, textures, and everyday items to pull together a room without spending a fortune.

August 26, 2011

DIY - Super Hero Letters



My 3 1/2 year old son loves his superheroes. 
Batman, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Captain Ameri-ma 
(That's what he used to call him...now he very proudly boasts Captain A-Mer-i-CA) 
Anyways, He loves pretty much all super hero's. 
So I found these super cute PARIS letter's on Pinterest and thought...
What if I did his name, but with comic book characters? 
Brilliance!!! 
Now, I know I am not the first to think of this, but I loved the idea 
and had a ton of fun making them.

These are what I made for my little man.

 This is an exceptionally easy project to do and requires very little in the way of supplies. 

You will need the following:
  • Modge Podge Glue
  • Foam applicator
  • Comic books (I paid a total of $5.00 for them)
  • Wooden letters
  • White spray paint 

My total cost for this project was under $20.00.

First I took his letters and spray painted them white,
so I wouldn't see any of the "wood" color showing through or around the edges.

Next, I cut out what felt like a bazillion pictures. 
I will say that I gave up on this half way through and just cut large sections of the comics out. 
 

I then laid glued them onto the letters in the way I thought they looked best. 
It was kind of like a puzzle.

 
I then gently covered each letter with a final coating of Mod-Podge and let dry completely. 
After it has dried I spray painted over it with a clear coat to give it kind of a glossy look. 
This is optional really.

 
 
Needless to say, He LOVES them!! 



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved this I just made some for my son's nursery. Great idea!!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...